Idea: automatic weapon balancing

I mean, the prospective of a weapon swing intrigues me, but I cannot see this working very well and I still don’t know why. You all presented valid points and counterarguments, I don’t really know what to say.

Well…one for Vulcan Chaingun then.

Also it’s really complex as people jump between weapons a lot in mission.
So that’s also a variable in the equation,along with how fast the next weapon switch happens,etc.Also,don’t you think Photon swarm would become seriously OP after some time?

Also,if you noticed it,some people use Moron more than Boron

Cause of the moronic challenge. And beginners.

how about boosting weapon damage in a different way
example: most unpopular weapon gets a 40% damage boost then the next unpopular weapon gets 35% damage boost and next unpopular weapon gets 30% and we keep doing this until the boost reaches 0%
this way weak weapons will get a damage boost while strong weapons won.t be nerfed

This was @anon27929001,now known as "Owandza"s stats.

And they could just have done it in a single update,if strong weapons aren’t nerfed.

No, I think a gradual 1% change is better. An abrupt change overnight doesn’t seem useful.

Yeah I thought about the original chicken invaders after I posted that I misspoke there was only one weapon. I have read some of your post and am well aware you know your stuff and I stand corrected about some of what I said. Your quote:
" But if we want to balance the weapons to the point that all are at least usable"
I think that is an excellent idea!
Also I am aware this thread stated with: Idea:automatic weapon balancing from InterAction Studios (the actual creators of the game) Just my opinion that I didn’t clarify very well.

That article explains what I was trying to say much better than what I said. Thanks

That is already more usefulness than boron. xD

I juſt had an idea that has to do with this which may or may not be an improvement:
What if the ſtatiſtics for weapon uſage were kept ſeparately for fighters and bombers?
The advantage would be that weapons that work well on one but not the other will ſtill be balanced with others on both (or all) ſpacecraft types, but on the other hand it means that there will be leſs room for variëty in that there can’t be weapons that are great for fighters but not bombers (or vice versa).

The problem is not exclusively limited to the damage values.Some weapons are just structurally wrong,and Utensil Poker needs a permanent nerf.Take Corn Shotgun.Like you so rightly said,while Lightning Fryer is an auto-locking weapon,Corn Shotgun is an auto-missing weapon.
Like Vulcan Chaingun,some weapons need to be completely changed.

Vulcan Chaingun is near perfect, the only thing that could be improved from it would be litte more damage and slighty slower overheat. It’s spread based on heat and it’s quick automatic fire makes it a great all-rounder, and I think it was the best weapon added on CI5 (I mean, I know it was on CI3 but we’re talking about current mechanics introduced on CI5), since it is more reliable than shotgun.
Shotgun, on the other side, as you mentioned, 50% of times is an auto-miss, because half of the time there are no pellets going directly foward. This could be fixed by forcing 2 or 3 pellets to stay in a narrow cone straight up, so you know that at least you will hit the chicken right above you.

Yes. Make the only viable weapon for harder difficulties worse. Excellent idea!

But it wasn’t changed at all in ci5…

Wrong. There are always at least a few projectiles going completely forward. I used corn shotgun so often,especially in ci5 multiplayer,and it never missed that much.

2 Likes

Yes, vulcan chaingun was changed in CI5 to spread when it starts heating. On CI4 it is the same straight shooting gun that is on CI3.

About shotgun, I also like to use it, but lots of times you just miss the target right above you because of the random spread.

That change was made in CIU, not in CI5.

4 Likes

No. At least I don’t. It does not even spread that much. It did very well when I tested it in ci5,and in ciu it’s not any different functionally,so yeah. In fact,it was better than lightning despite lightning being an auto-lock weapon.

1 Like

Oh, so CI5 only changed the visuals of it… thank you. ^^