Full reset of my account in CIU

Your nickname doesn’t matter, you can choose whatever you like (even the same name).

Our logs show a total of 5 accounts created for you (when your progress is reset, that also counts as a new account).

It’s normal for different computers to have different accounts (you can’t link them together yet), but something is causing your profile data to be deleted/corrupted every once in a while.

What operating system are you using? Do you only have one Windows user account on each computer, or is it used by multiple people?

2 Likes

No, only by me.

Let me check something.

What will happen if I reinstall the game again?

Nothing. Your old progress will be preserved.

1 Like

Good, I will do that then.

And I will also change the nickname.

Until we figure out what is causing your progress to be lost, we recommend you backup your progress daily. Make a copy of C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders) and keep it somewhere safe. Keep each day’s backup separate.

1 Like

Alright.

Did everything as you said! I changed the nickname to “iBreadV2” and made a copy of ‘’
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU’’

Ok! If you lose your progress, let us know here and we’ll provide instructions on how to recover it.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the help!

I just lost my progress but thanks to you I used my copy folder and put it in, now I won’t have any trouble!

It means I got it back.

That’s good to know! However, your progress should not be randomly disappearing like that, it’s not normal :thinking:

1 Like

Huh…Odd…

Which version of Windows do you have? Do you have an antivirus program installed? If so, which one?

1 Like

Avast AntiVirus, Windows 8.

I think that’s the problem, should I delete Avast AntiVirus?

No. But something on your computer is deleting your progress :frowning:

At the beginning of each day, just before you play your first game of CIU, we want you look inside C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU, and verify that there’s a folder there named 11, and inside it these files exist:

CIU.cfg
CIU.hst
CIU.pro
CIU.pro2

Then, start your game normally. If those files are missing on any day, let us know which ones.

1 Like