Frequently Asked Questions

:question: How do I change/create my own in-game nickname?
:exclamation: By pressing the pilot icon and writing your desired nickname in the change callsign bar.

3 Likes

:question: What are wormholes? How do you find them?

:grey_exclamation: Wormholes are kinda like fast travel. They take you from one Wormhole to another, but you must have found another one before you can use one for fast travel (wait, isn’t that redundant?). Yep, it costs no fuel! But you require the Event Horizon Stabilizer and the Gravity Nullifier to actually orbit one.

Wormholes can be difficult to find, we all experienced that at one point.
But here’s a tip for finding one:
Wormholes are usually in the center of groups of Constellations in the blankness of space.
Below is an example of where you should probably search for a wormhole.

Keep looking, and you might find one soon.

5 Likes

Will my progress be reset in the official release?

2 Likes

Yes, what happen with this?

1 Like

Yes, your progress will be reset (except Early Access medal and custom participation medals).

4 Likes

Actually, all your keys will also be preserved (including any you’ve spent).

3 Likes

Made it Wiki again.

6 Likes

Thanks! Added callsign question.

1 Like

And somehow deleted TL3 part.

2 Likes

Wait what? I only added a question! I guess someone else edited it later, as I do remember there being another editor while I was editing.

1 Like

will more people be able to join the game?

1 Like

What do you mean by “more”? Right now the only issue players have is that some people can’t connect from Vietnam for some reason.

4 Likes

I’m playing from Vietnam :smiley:
(for somehow)

3 Likes

A LOT of people are playing from Vietnam…

7 Likes

Vietnam players in reality:

Not a meme, just a respond that Vietnam has no issuse

2 Likes

:question: What are item rarities? What do they do?

:grey_exclamation: There are three levels of Rarity, from least rare to most: Uncommon, Rare and Legendary.
They are indicated with diamonds on their name, and they have better stats than your usual equipment. Equipments Include: Heat Sinks, Reactors, Thrusters and Ships.
(But iA hasn’t gave the ships any benefits yet based on rarity though, so…)

For example, A Legendary Heatsink would have a higher heat capacity than it’s normal counterpart.
Do note that items with better rarities would cost more than unusual, but not by too much more.

Here’s an example of a Legendary.

(this is the best possible heatsink you can use, by the way. It’s practically doubling your heat capacity.)

Should you spot a legendary item, be sure to buy it if it’s the best possible equipment. (Don’t buy a Legendary Mr Fusion Reactor, but buy a Legendary Proton-Proton Reactor. It’s up to you, though, if you want to collect them, because who knows when you’ll run into it again?)

8 Likes

:question: How do you mod Chicken Invaders Universe?

:grey_exclamation: Though it IS possible to mod the game even after version 35, it is highly recommended that you do not. Unless you know what you’re doing, and it does not break the game.
The rules for modding is the following:
1: It must not provide the player any unfair advantages.
2: It must not screw the game up and increase support costs. (Crashing the game, for example)

Abide by these two, and you should be all good. But otherwise, the safest things, or the only things you should even mod is just game audio. But as for how to mod the game, I will not tell you how.

The following is an example of a modded CIU:

Audio and font mods should be okay, just don’t mess with the game mechanics and all that, please.

6 Likes

:question: How do I hack the game?

:grey_exclamation:: Unfortunately( or should I say fortunately), there’s no way to hack the game. If you use a program to hack like Cheat Engine, after hacking the game will crash. But don’t worry about being punished, the game is still in the early access phase, you’ll only lose your hacked items/stats.

1 Like

Very frequently asked question

13 Likes

BUMP

:question:: Why i cant get extra lifes during a mission?

7 Likes