Early Access version 78

A squadron can register itself as “looking for members” to make itself publicly visible. Once they choose to go private, they stop being publicly visible and people only join on invitation.

1 Like

If you see this icon, connection is already lost and you won’t achieve anything by disconnecting manually as the server has no idea what have you done during this period. It was already explained somewhere that most of time the server is not sending anything to player so it’s problematic to show this icon.

But still, it’s better to know they’re going to disconnect rather than have them get kicked out abruptly.

Or at least some kind of “slow network” warning or something of the sort.

1 Like

Would squadron descriptions be possible? Also an activity level next to the name of the squadron:
:fire: (low activity) :fire: :fire: (medium activity) :fire: :fire: :fire: (high activity)

1 Like

For whom would this description be if:
• You can’t see the list of squadrons (yet?).
• You can’t join a random squadron and take description as the reason to join.

1 Like
3 Likes

:medal_sports: Idea @SA-GoldenBoss128

1 Like

you could can

of course
also
*you can’ve

Well in that case inhales

• Make a game over theme for mission debriefing (happy for victory, depressing for defeat, no music when you surrender). Don’t loop them. And smoothly transitioning to ambient theme when get out.

• A very intense battle theme for Double Team

• A League dare theme

• A pause theme (if possible)

these are just ideas, don’t mind them much.

11 Likes

I believe we already have an excellent candidate for that.

3 Likes

lilly chiptune

Meh… well, ok, but only because I designed the icon 4 years ago. Most of you will never see it, so here’s what it looks like:

After 15 seconds of network inactivity, It appears at the top-center of the screen (while you’re logged in, so both in galaxy and in mission). It’s animated (it pulses and plugs slowly recede from each other) and it counts down another 15 seconds until disconnection. When you are disconnected, a sad trombone sound plays (not actually true).

Added to v.79 :medal_sports: Idea

21 Likes

This hurts

5 Likes

actually play the trombone pls

7 Likes

This theme should appear everytime you enter Space Burger’s orbit.

1 Like

I’d like to hear that instead of CI2’s game over sound. :upside_down_face:

i have a sort of dark mode setup with my UI, but it makes it so that the text in translator mode blends in with the background. Could this be fixed, or should i just change my color theme?
Screenshot 2021-04-21 202531 Screenshot 2021-04-21 202640

The translation screen uses your theme (I can’t change this), so change your theme (at least temporarily)

2 Likes

:warning: The v.79 update is coming tomorrow morning. Since we have a bigger community now (8x), and to minimize disruption, I’m scheduling its release during a period when not a lot of players are logged on .

Also, since we have a bigger community now (8x), every mistake hurts 8x more, so… uh… think happy thoughts.

17 Likes