Early Access version 78

Can you sort the weapon we had?

Sometimes it display nothing, sometimes it display some sort of error message (I forgot)

iA, are we going to see any more OST in CIU? Would like to hear 2dB again in Chicken Invaders.

1 Like

Please screenshot it next time. Also, it would help if you played the stand-alone version, because I don’t get clear reports from the Steam version (their DRM is interfering).

1 Like

Yes, quite possibly. I couldn’t say exactly when, however.

10 Likes

iA, this is about the disconnection timeout thingy.
(To let you know what I’m talking about: A Temporary Change For The Time Being [remove lengthy waves] - #28 by InterAction_studios)

If disconnection is about to happen, like when the timeout counter has started, could the game show a warning icon? Just to let the player know that disconnection is likely.

An icon like this, perhaps:

3 Likes

damn straight now we’re talking.

good idea

also iA, how about giving players the chance to ask to join a certain squadron, unless it was already suggested (Enhawk gave me this idea, give him the medal if this gets approved)

I feel that squadrons should be publicly visible, but how? From Heroes’ Academy, perhaps?

2 Likes

So how would that actually help the player, though? There’s nothing they can do to prevent it.

I feel that would be to abusable/spammable by random people. Squadrons only have space for 10 players anyway, how would you know which one has free space or not?

You mean a list of squadrons? We could put that in somewhere in the Profile->Hall of Fame. But exactly what purpose would this list serve?

1 Like

That could kind of save them the effort of having to redo waves. Like, end session for now, come back later. Besides, disconnecting out of nowhere can be kind of annoying for some, so at least a heads up would be really nice.

Sure, ignoring the disconnection warning could let them at least know what comes next, but perhaps the more… “honest” players would disconnect first.

(Do disconnections count towards ending session mid-wave?)

3 Likes

To be able to send them invites, obviously.

Before the last day of squadron ranking, they can request to the winner squadron, just for medal. :confused:

1 Like

A squadron can register itself as “looking for members” to make itself publicly visible. Once they choose to go private, they stop being publicly visible and people only join on invitation.

1 Like

If you see this icon, connection is already lost and you won’t achieve anything by disconnecting manually as the server has no idea what have you done during this period. It was already explained somewhere that most of time the server is not sending anything to player so it’s problematic to show this icon.

But still, it’s better to know they’re going to disconnect rather than have them get kicked out abruptly.

Or at least some kind of “slow network” warning or something of the sort.

1 Like

Would squadron descriptions be possible? Also an activity level next to the name of the squadron:
:fire: (low activity) :fire: :fire: (medium activity) :fire: :fire: :fire: (high activity)

1 Like

For whom would this description be if:
• You can’t see the list of squadrons (yet?).
• You can’t join a random squadron and take description as the reason to join.

1 Like
3 Likes

:medal_sports: Idea @SA-GoldenBoss128

1 Like

you could can