Early Access version 47

Maybe adding outline would help?

1 Like

A small QOL change suggestion: Double click the mission to fly it?

1 Like

That, or make the rest of the HUD text as dark as the score, and this is on option 1. Option 4 is the lightest color for text and it shows everything just fine, hence why I’ve shown the latter.

CIU music seems to be a bit broken in-mission. After ending session and returning to the game with it equipped as the wave music, it won’t play properly.

I can’t really replicate this here. Provide an example of how you set up your color theme that makes it unreadable, and I’ll look into it.

3 Likes

I know about the “preview doesn’t work” (I even wrote it in Pritish’s original post), but this is more serious than I thought. On the list.

4 Likes

1 Like

Now, try to look at the HUD at a distance, and it’s unrecognizable, while the score font can still be recognized as it is darker.

Some thoughts on Photon:

1. It’s very weak to fast moving and/or close enemies. This gun can’t kill Berserks especially on ssh.
  2. It makes my ship shake so much it’s hurt my eyes.

Would be great but power levels don’t even increase the damage output that much that way, which makes it even more useless, and instead of making it gradual, you have to skeumorph blue photons to orange

does the assassin chicks not become redder anymore or is it just me?

Those are normal Bandana Chicks. This update has changed the look for the Assassin Chick so it has the bandana on the opposite side.

yeah my bad it looked like they were behaving like assassins

The Assassins continue to function like they do, but only their aesthetic was changed. If that created confusion, this was to make a difference between one and the other.

I was thoroughly testing Ion Blaster. I don’t have a final opinion yet, but I’ll come back with a really long wall of text about it.

Meanwhile, I picked up Photon Swarm. I can’t say much because I spent ~30 seconds shooting with it on a Supernova mission… and I discovered a problem. When projectiles disappear off-screen, the existing ones sort of “rollback”.

If C++ supports lists, the problem might lie there. Removing projectiles while lists are being iterated is what might be causing it is what I’m trying to say. I call this issue “List Displacement” because I encountered it myself in game development and I must say it’s super annoying until you find out what’s causing it.

When projectiles are removed, this list gets updated. Every single projectile moves its position on the list. That way, the game tries to update the rest while they’re moving (it’s an instant process). As a result, some of them get “skipped” (depending on how many get deleted at the same time) to prioritize those that are in the beginning or in the middle of the list.

Q1: What about other weapons? Why doesn’t this issue exist there?
I assume it must be because IA reprogrammed Photon Swarm. That issue was never present in the past.

Q2: How can you be sure that’s the problem?
I’m not. I’m only trying to make an educated guess. If that is indeed the problem, I’ll save IA 2 weeks of headbanging and excessive coffee sipping. If it isn’t, I was at least of service.

EDIT: After trying to replicate this issue again, it didn’t happen. But look out for it anyway. If it happens to anyone else, please report it.

5 Likes

I have this intereſting thing probably cauſed by my keyboard and not the game, but I figured I’d mention it anyway.
If I hold the spacebar down to fire and then preſs Fn+F2 and releaſe the ſpacebar before thoſe, the fire button remains locked down. As I ſay, it’s probably due to rollover, but you know, cool.

@Sufi
As a general rule, adding or removing items from any ſort of array in any language that I know of in a for loop is begging to cauſe a problem. Creating a ſhallow copy or finding ſome other workaround is a much better way to go.

1 Like

How we fixed it basically.

Well… I stumbled upon this entirely by chance. I was playing a mission from my To-Do list, so obviously I entered it through my… Configuration? Menu and when I cancelled it, I noticed the text on the right looked like this:

Sort of bold and pixelated. I exited and entered again and I saw this:

Which is what everyone usually sees.

1 Like

@InterAction_studios The surrender text is still gray on the mission results. (ツ)
Did you forget to apply the color change,

or is it intended?

2 Likes