Early Access version 45.2

Not sure if intentional or not, but why does this crosshair appear after pausing? Is it an indicator or what?

1 Like

No idea why it’s there, but that’s supposed to be a debug thing, I think

5 Likes

It’s a debugging aid. Fixed in v.46 :medal_sports: Bug

It’s been changed 3 times already. I think we should consider the matter closed.

8 Likes

If we had weapon skins, different skins could use the different sfx and everybody would be happy. :wink:

1 Like

About the Iceman Coolness Award, one can get it by restarting the mission whenever the player’s ship got overheated or used a canister.

Shouldn’t this be disabled so it would actually be on par with other mission level medals?

@InterAction_studios

1 Like
Coward Chickens should be removed from chasing waves such as Gyroscope Malfunction like they got removed from the Yolk Star battle:

Also in space races the time should be stopped while between stages or the time between stages should be disabled because some people can skip it by clicking “end session” button and most people don’t know that trick.

They’ll get a time penalty when they logged back in

It’s my belief that full-coward waves of any kind are a terrible idea. If you’ve got the wrong weapon, you’re toast - if you have the right one, they literally cannot hurt you short of a direct collision…

1 Like

Gyroscope Malfunction is not a “chasing” wave – the enemies don’t specifically target the player. They were removed from Yolk Star because they actually target your location.

5 Likes

@InterAction_studios, I don’t think that the squadron license is an equipment, can you replace that line with something like: “You can’t sell a squadron license unless you remove all of the members” or something like that?

2 Likes

Except for thoſe who want a nice, light game. Which was one of the original goals.

That iſſue’s been dealt with.

In what ſituätion?

Wait, when did this happen? Is it for all difficulties, or juſt difficulties under a certain threſhold? I think they ſhould ſtill ſhow up at max difficulty.

1 Like

Ion Blaster, Vulcan Chaingun, even Utensil Poker struggles against Cowards.

2 Likes

Can the spaceships hint button show what performance is increased in rare spaceships ?

2 Likes
  1. Fire a couple times.
  2. Dodge the return fire.
  3. Repeat ſteps 1-2 until all the chickens are gone.

It’s actuälly eaſiër than when there are chickenauts, eggships, and flying saucers as well.

1 Like

…how do weapon skins change this? I’m not talking about a highly complex mechanic or in-depth new idea. They’re just cosmetic changes - that’s something you’ll see in a ton of mobile/casual games, and I don’t understand how it would hurt the game’s simplicity…

In any situation. :joy:
Ion Blaster or, worse, Lightning Fryer vs Pretty much any wave that is 100% cowards. Good luck.

Preciſely- the more graphics options you bundle in, the bigger the reſulting file ſize, as a general rule of thumb. In this caſe I’m not ſure how the weapons are generated, but I’d imagine more choices involve more raſters.

See above.

Oh cmon, 80MB download is not a massive size ffs.
You can even pump it to 300MB and no one would care today. Of course someone will come and “bUt MOBiLe!”. Even after installing it only takes 350MB. That’s absurdly low for a game released in 2020 (or later depending how much it is yet to do)

And how is size affecting the “nice” aspect of the game? I had games that weighted 20GB (it’s not that massive I agree, but I have monthly limit) and they were either good or bad. The same with games under 1GB. It’s not about size, it’s about game.

2 Likes

Maybe we can have free DLC weapon skins. That way, players can still download CIU without a significant increase in size and if they want to, they can download skins, thus their computer space isn’t wasted by weapon skins that they don’t want.

6 Likes

Quite the contrary. You’d just multiply requests of the type “I want to use skin X, BUT with Y skin’s sound effect”

Everything you buy is “equipment”, I can’t make exceptions. And squadron licenses are unsellable right now (regardless of whether you have members in it or not), because they leak data all over the database (e.g. assignments, “most active squadron”).

Not easily.

That’s a possibility (although it does have its own set of implementation problems). But the main reason I can’t go into this change right now is that it’s far-reaching implementation-wise (because I’d need to look at all weapons) and it’s cosmetic-only, hence low-priority during this period.

8 Likes

When missions are surrendered there is no icons near the length bar

How about adding the surrender button icon ?

2 Likes