Early Access version 24

MAIN CHANGES

A lot of disparate changes in this update without a common theme. The most interesting change is that now squadron activity is ranked daily, with medals awarded to the most active squadron (in terms of aggregate score achieved in squadron assignments) at the end of each week. Note: For this week only, squadrons will be ranked, but medals won’t be awarded as the week is already almost over.

Medals for ideas/bugs will be awarded later today.

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

• Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • Stats/Compare screens: Corrected color of “medals” caption when using dark color theme.
  • Reverted change: Enemies now ignore minFireSeparation the first time they fire.
  • Squadron screen: squadron leaders now use separate icon to set them apart from regular members (@Traveller :medal_sports: Idea)
  • In-mission clock now stops after winning/losing (@GuestUniverse :medal_sports: Bug)
  • [Server-side v23.2] Improved galaxy generation algorithm to avoid instabilities and overlapping routes/star systems (@Gaunter , @Boggy :medal_sports: Bug)
  • Player names & asterisks are hidden when near an unexplored wormhole (@Traveller :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Food/powerups are now removed after stats are finalized for each mission. (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Fixed clients being left with a black screen (fader shut) if disconnected just as mission ends (e.g., when cheats are detected).
  • “Extra slot” equipment now limited to 24 units (@gabytzu :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Some (rare) planets now have extreme orbital tilts. Galaxy regeneration required. (@ChickenInvader45 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Some star systems now have planets that orbit clockwise. Galaxy regeneration required. (@Akemisora :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Shop: music and backgrounds are now only purchasable once (@gabytzu :medal_sports: Bug)
  • Spacecraft paint screen: Exhaust intensity bars (UI slider) now have a one-to-one correspondence with values (@Sophodot :medal_sports: Bug)
  • Number of rare equipment instances across the galaxy is now predetermined (rather than random). It’s now guaranteed that there are 9 x Uncommon, 6 x Rare, 3 x Legendary (@gabytzu :medal_sports: Bug)
  • Implemented more of Anniversary mission (incomplete & inaccessible).
  • Added “most active squadron” daily/weekly maintenance.
  • “Most active squadron” weekly medal now works.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).

14 Likes

Some next of update 25 can return of equipment feature or maybe.

Why did we revert this? I forgot.

@InterAction_studios Can you move the squadron leaders to the top instead of the bottom?

1 Like

Because in some occasions it makes really hard to dodge (especially when you’re surrounded)

Imagine chicken roulette with all ufo chickens and they shoot before even can be seen

1 Like

Is the number of Uncommon, Rare and Legendary equipment scrambled now or it also requires galaxy regeneration?

No regeneration is needed.

Galaxy has been regenerated in this update anyway to apply the clockwise planet rotations and extreme orbital tilts.

1 Like

Hi @InterAction_studios, I want to ask, does every boss have different chance to appear? Because I hardly ever saw Giant crab with all chicken and the one with all laser (maybe just once in my play time)

Also I want to suggest last bosses from previous episodes (yolk star, egg cannon, henterprise) will more LIKELY to appear at the end of mission, because in design they’re (supposed to be) harder than the others. I think it would make really fun if the mission ends with huge explosion.

I reported in the game something very strange. When i defeated the planetary egg city and he drop the powerups. I was going to take it, but they dissapered out of nowhere.

Those powerups would not have counted anyway.

Wow! Thats kinda lame, but ok.

Oh it is indeed refreshed! Look at this find!

1 Like

hey @InterAction_studios in future update could you add a detail for dorid’s in info just to easly locate them somethink like this
droid

4 Likes

Or a “Show NPC locations” button? As the “Show player locations” hides the droids too. (if that’s what you meant)

1 Like

I really think there should be only one Legendary of each item in the entire galaxy. Three is too many.

Which squadron doesn’t have the leader at the top?

Also, reducing rare items to 1/3/6. Let’s see how that goes. :medal_sports: Idea

Server has been rebooted to apply this change.

Aren’t lower Price Insights supposed to be more beneficial for the player and give more keys for this food?

A region with low prices has low prices for both buying and selling. Same with high-price regions.

Does anyone else think that selling should work backwards?

1 Like

It would appear that the leader is always at the bottom.

1 Like

In my opinion it would be better if there was a region with low buy prices and high selling prices.