Early Access version 110

now this is an update

Seriously? We tested it.

1 Like

This is “Brick Breaker” wave
I know that there are some people suggested to nerf this wave. But this is my opinion about this wave.
I think iA should slow down the barrier and the ball of this wave. This is too hard when the player have to run and dodge at a same time so fast, especially is BX player. Thank you!

7 Likes

internet

1 Like

Just buy more bombs.)

IA ,Can you make buying or selling one slot of "Auto Use Items " or "Speical Weapons " or "Perishables " possible ?

Where are those enemies ?
I suggested 2 waves for CI3 Enemies .

You have to wait for the next year so he can accept more waves. and no plans for adding those just yet.

1 Like

cool players dont use super wpns

1 Like

My three small suggestions (it is not profitable to make a separate topic for this, so I am inserting it here)

1. I would like the first thing that we would see in the inventory after entering the store are only those items that are available for purchase. (the option to show everything in the inventory would still be available)

2. An animation showing the medals you have earned after each mission. (would show up sequentially or all at the same time)
    Award_GIF
    admittedly not needed but nice to see something like this

3. Multiplayer ranking
    I2
    I have already suggested something like this once, but I wanted to illustrate here.
    All will be placed in white frames, and the competitors on the podium will be marked with gold, silver and bronze.

2 Likes

@InterAction_studios can you change icon firepower to icon weapons on multiplayer? Or not?

you could say the suns are fake balls of energy in that wave. I also use that excuse for the Henterprise xd

No

Unnecessary.

Added to v.110.2 :medal_sports: Idea

Danger zones are better. Added to v.110.2 :medal_sports: Idea

Ideas are not implemented verbatim.

Right now it’s the only CIU-specific boss music, so the description is generic. Besides, Dr. Beaker doesn’t actually have its own music. Thundercluck does, because it’s a music-themed boss.

Chickens are never mirrored. What waves are you talking about?

The color modulation that makes the helmet cyan, makes its trim green. It can’t be helped.

There’s a Safe zone instead.

I missed that one. Medal shared.

Dr. Beaker doesn’t have its own dedicated music. This is a generic CIU boss track which might be re-used for future bosses (or even past ones)

It’s unrelated. A hand-crafted mission remains a hand-crafted mission, regardless of how many new waves are added in the future.

No, it won’t.

That was not a hand-crafted mission – it was a regular randomized mission flown with a particular spacecraft.

But it is.

Which wave?

I don’t see why not. But I have made both of these slightly easier in v.110.2 :medal_sports: Idea

Yeah, good ideas, however they’re currently implemented as a hack and none of this comes easily. I’ll think about it.

Yeah, but it’s 140% :wink: Ok, I’ll slow it down in v.110.2 :medal_sports: Idea

Changed in v.110.2 :medal_sports: Idea

Not true. I’ve played through all these waves at 100% difficulty. But sometimes the randomizer might spawn certain combinations of enemies that I did not encounter, but which make a particular wave significantly harder.

It’s avoidable if you position your spacecraft directly below the boss when the attack starts, but it’s almost impossible if you start from the far side of the attack. I don’t know. If a poll shows strong preference, I’ll revert the buff.

Yes

Rookie is a skill, not a difficulty. You can easily play a 100% difficulty mission on rookie.

I had already done this independently, but :medal_sports: anyway.

Well, the original idea is that you had to leave some enemies alive while you navigate inside, but I like your idea better. Changed in v.110.2 :medal_sports: Idea

No danger zone is necessary, because it enters from the expected direction. Anomaly zone would interfere with how the wave is supposed to be played.

Chickens yes, Gatlings no. Changed in v.110.2 :medal_sports: Idea

No, that would defeat the point of the wave.

I wanted that as an option (c.f. Stacker wave, where it is not)

I’ve seen it happen before. It’s random but rare. Not sure what’s causing it.

Some changes might make the game easier or harder, so it’s not technically fair in competitive scenarios. But it can’t be helped. There’s always some sort of competition going on. Nevertheless, I try not to issue updates during the knockout phase of the Galactic Cup, for example.

Based on what? Your keys? That would remove the incentive and anticipation for your next purchase.

12 Likes

But that would defeat the purpose of the knife attack if we can use this gap to avoid it instead of dodging it.

Also I will make sure that you have to the ability to do set up par times before making a poll.

Update: The plan has changed. See more recent update.

Ok – I’ve made several changes to tone down the difficulty in several of the new waves. Although in most cases these waves are objectively harder than the average existing wave, don’t forget also these are waves that never been played before, and hence the optimal strategy to beat them hasn’t been discovered yet. This will come with time. As an example, The Birdhouse is far easier if you position yourself on the side of the wave enemies fly down on (rather than up). . Also, Hammertime includes a couple of safe spots, provided you know (from experience) how the hammer moves.

:warning: The v110.2 update will be released later on tonight. Ideally I’d like to postpone it for a couple of more days to collect more changes, but the knockout phase of the Galactic Cup starts tomorrow and I think it would go much smoother if everyone played this new version.

If you’re on Steam, you’ll get it automatically. If you use stand-alone, this update is optional so you can remain on v110.1 if you think there’s a benefit (there might be – it’s harder, but there’s also more opportunity for points in certain waves).

Also, I’ll try to leave it for as late in the day as possible, so that competitive missions remain fair as much as possible. Some unfairness is unavoidable with these types of changes, but I’ll do my best to minimize them. Also, Early Access :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

I am pretty sure that’s why the grenade attack exists. So that you don’t stay in the gap forever. And to actually dodge.

It’s not like he fires the knife in the same time he uses the gernades, we can stay whatever place and knifes won’t hurt.

Still, that doesn’t matter. Don’t forget that the boss also moves, therefore the grenades are also thrown at different positions too, and you will eventually have to change your position no matter what.

Remember that people who would encounter this wave for the first time or beginners would suffer heavy casualties when trying to pass it.

But that wouldn’t still affect the mechanics where we can just stay in a position to get in the gaps, It’s not like he throws infinite gernades.

Maybe, but who would decide what the par time even is? It’s clearly not going to be manually calculated for 22K missions. You also need to define what those “extra rewards” would be.

I don’t think that’s an issue. It’s very easy to not completely come to a stop before the knives are thrown, in which case you’ll get hit. Still, you can use this strategy if it suits you.

4 Likes

It’s totally reasonable to die a few times on a previously-unencountered wave

These waves don’t appear on easier difficulties.

6 Likes