CIU version 144

I have a question for iA, what happens if a player pauses in the middle of the wave or gets disconnected/disqualified? will the game still gonna record everything and save it to the server database?

It’s just a question that made me a bit confused

1 Like

The pause is cut out of the video.

That doesn’t affect anything. The video only contains full waves.

In this case the video is not eligible to be posted.

6 Likes

Just saw today’s video and should defeating Superchick/Henperor during Multiplicity/Exponentiality be counted as an acknowledgment? Feels kinda weird seeing the segment ending mid-battle.

5 Likes

Eh, it’s borderline. The same thing happens when the 1st phase of the Yolk-Star is defeated.

Still, I’ve removed Multiplicity/Exponentiality from the list of candidate waves.

Now the actual final scores are shown before the winner is decided (will take effect on tomorrow’s videos) :medal_sports: Bug

7 Likes

What about Egg Cannonade? I took a look at some of the recent highlights and I saw “Victory!” appear once the first section of Cannonade is defeated.

2 Likes

Hi guys, so here’s another idea I have, it’s called The Henpire, okay, so, how this thing works is basically, we take the Planetary Egg City and super size it to just a little under twice the size of Earth, then we take the Egg Cannon and stick it on the front of the Egg City, then we take the Henterprise and put it on top of the Egg Cannon while still connecting to the Egg City, and then we take the Yolk-Star and put it on top of the Henterprise. Now, it’s attacks would be the Egg City, Egg Cannon, Yolk-Star, and Henterpise, and then we can take chicken bosses and have them fly out of the Egg City just like the chicks do. There would be a lot more attacks but I’m not going to name them right now. But for the best part, the music would be special, we take the Yolk-Star theme, the Egg Cannon theme, and take the Henterprise theme and combine then into one, like mixing them together, and taking parts and putting them one after the other. (I’m going to find an app I can use to mix music and then I will try to post a sample of how I think it sound) And also, this would be the final boss EVER! It would give at least 65 keys for defeating it. And when it slowly comes onto the screen it would say, “The Great! The Ultimate! The Grand Finale! THE HENPIRE!”

• Freaking Amazing!
  • Amazing!
  • Great!
  • Good
  • Neutral
  • Other Opinion (Reply Down Below)
0 voters

Right, removed.

As a reminder, highlights are chosen algorithmically and videos are edited automatically, so if you notice any weird/boring reels, please let me know.

7 Likes

im not sure today but i was playing in egg cannon wave after i got 40 % and red lazers shot we know that a music play but i didnt hear lazers sound until that song done

This is me, but overusing specials doesn’t really scream skill (this is referencing a player using Mines against Thundercluck on the 4/17 Highlight #1). I’d say the same thing for a player using DPO in Comets (4/17 Highlight #3), but I could give that a pass because they could be doing that to get points.

2 Likes

my name is Gold Rusher Right now but i might change it.

down below

3 Likes

Bro…

Does anyone have a same feeling with me about this? Seem like i see there is nothing special (for me) about anything greatful on this video.

I know this is the video about “Skill hightlight”, but i wonder GEN can work better a little? It should take the hightlight when someone play the “epic wave”, or the “nearby deadly” when playing missions in the high difficult?

well, because currently

1 Like

I watched the shorts and noticed that all sorts of indicators (score, boss health) remain in place and it looks strange. Why not make the indicators fit in with the camera.

i can’t see the player kill a chicken
i thought the camera should be at where the player is shooting

3 Likes

unnecessarily long. not reading all of that

and put some spaces between paragraphs for crying out loud, unless you want to cause a headache within some readers

2 Likes

And more, just killing a big chicken while the wave still haven’t over yet. This is so weird.

However, i have a special thing for this wave. If the player kill 2 Big Chickens or more in a short time in this wave (only this wave, i think), that could be recognized as a “hightlight” video. I don’t know that can iA do this in a specified wave or not?

simple: filter multiple bosses waves too

The problem is partly that “skill” is not as clearly defined objectively as “boss defeated” or “player died”. It’s very hard to look at wave statistics and decide whether something interesting happened there. I am tweaking the algorithm on a daily basis to try and improve the situation. Speaking of which, there won’t be any “skill” highlights today because I made yesterday’s criteria too strict and nobody made the cut. :grimacing:

The other issue is that highlight video are primarily made to entice new players, and in that respect it doesn’t really matter if it really is the best-of-the-best.

I considered this, however on portrait mode there isn’t enough space horizontally to fit everything in. I could have a custom HUD for videos, but that would take considerable effort.

I’ve made some changes to the camera panning algorithm to improve this.

I’ve now removed this wave from videos.

I don’t collect enough data to do this currently, but I’ll look into it for v.145.

7 Likes