CIU version 144

“I’m the chosen one”

1 Like

Another video from iA

Ok, i think the music which was used in the video isn’t the original music of the mission (though i didn’t play it yesterday). I need an explain for the reason why all 2 bosses played “The Imperial Strut” music?

And one more thing, can the outcome of both 2 players be shown? The base score isn’t actually decide you win the match or not. It also depend on Medal score and Weapon Virtuosity.

5 Likes

could be selected theme

Tower of Power and Symphony No.1 already speed up with difficulty. I’ve added the same to Binary Stream/Scream in v.145 :medal_sports: Bug

Technically, the server doesn’t know what type of mission dares/cup are. So it just uses that icon instead.

The music is taken from the “left side” video. If that player has overridden music, then that’s what you’ll hear. But I can change that in v.145. :medal_sports: Idea

Ooh… right. :grimacing: I’ll look into it.

8 Likes

I’ve posted a few more sample videos / highlights from yesterday’s matches. All selections are random. There are three highlight categories: “Victories against bosses”, “Player deaths”, and “Displays of skill”. That last one is still being tweaked, so you might see some seemingly unjustified reels in there, but it will improve over time.

For highlights, take your pick:

YouTube

Facebook

TikTok

https://www.tiktok.com/@chickeninvadersofficial

Instagram

X / Twitter

https://twitter.com/ChickenInvaders

15 Likes

ia could you watch this topic it dosnt have replies but check A idea in board

no

1 Like

Strange, but it’s fine in it.

Sigh IA… What if you could make a video of cup knockout match on final round, is it relate to the Competitive or not?

1 Like

Cup quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals are all planned to appear.

10 Likes

This idea is a collab between me and @X676X, I hope you enjoy.

Okay, so, how this works is when you open up CIU and you see the InterAction logo it will be on screen for a few seconds and then you will zoom into the A in InterAction, then the screen will fade to black and then you will zoom out of the teal center of the galaxy under where is says “Chicken Invaders Universe.” After that, you can do whatever you normally do, credit to @X676X for creating the zooming into the A hole in InterAction, vote down below what you think.

• Good
  • Neutral
  • Bad
0 voters

@Star_Light and @AstralSpaceship how is it bad?

I can get why this is done, so that some GEN recordings won’t be “spoiled” when IA publishes them. Though, that also implies that people who join at the start of a MP session might not be recorded.

I know IA publishes a few custom MP sessions on YT, with stuff a normal player can’t do. However, some people do have the hardware can host pretty effortlessly. If it’s possible, the GEN coding can/should allow MP sessions to record a mission if the player joins in at the start (like as soon as the MP session is published) or within the first level.

3 Likes

The only thing I could think of to make these videos better are audience noises (cheer, gasp, etc when something happens)

3 Likes

Are you talking about the sound effects from the video editing?

sfx will be good, but too many will disrupt the experience of viewers

I have a question for iA, what happens if a player pauses in the middle of the wave or gets disconnected/disqualified? will the game still gonna record everything and save it to the server database?

It’s just a question that made me a bit confused

1 Like

The pause is cut out of the video.

That doesn’t affect anything. The video only contains full waves.

In this case the video is not eligible to be posted.

6 Likes

Just saw today’s video and should defeating Superchick/Henperor during Multiplicity/Exponentiality be counted as an acknowledgment? Feels kinda weird seeing the segment ending mid-battle.

5 Likes

Eh, it’s borderline. The same thing happens when the 1st phase of the Yolk-Star is defeated.

Still, I’ve removed Multiplicity/Exponentiality from the list of candidate waves.

Now the actual final scores are shown before the winner is decided (will take effect on tomorrow’s videos) :medal_sports: Bug

7 Likes

What about Egg Cannonade? I took a look at some of the recent highlights and I saw “Victory!” appear once the first section of Cannonade is defeated.

2 Likes