CIU rebalance ideas

certainly good ideas overall but

that was how the first versions had it due to it being like that in the main series as well but it makes a lot of waves like do not cross and lethal connections too easy if you destroy them so i’m more with the infinite health idea

1 Like

WARNING: Text wall incoming. Grab yourself a cup of tea or a box of popcorn or something before continuing. :popcorn:

Agreed. Also, like I posted in another topic discussing this:

Also agreed - Space Race is pretty awfully broken at the moment.

More keen on the second idea, myself.

I’d prefer to see tweaks to the speed that the knives fly through the air.

I think it would be cool if the rate that it fires projectiles increases as it’s health decreases. So toward the end of the fight it’s just spraying projectiles everywhere, to the point where if you don’t destroy it fast it will almost definitely hit you.

Chicken Multiplicity is fine atm, in my opinion. I know it’s not a popular opinion - but I feel like it works quite well.

Again, I actually lose a life to this one more frequently than I’d like to admit on higher difficulties.

I think the lasers should alternate between moving clockwise and counter-clockwise, so you have to keep in mind which way they went last time.
A lightsaber would be cool but it’s almost too much of a change in my opinion.

I think semi-randomizing the loadout of UCO would be cool to see.

Fully agree, though it would need to be across all difficulties.

With the wrong weapons you can be toast in this wave, I think it’s alright.

I’d actually like to see it cleverly merged with the CI4 Mother-Hen ship (for a few reasons) - but that’s a significant overhaul and belongs in it’s own topic, so I’ll do that.

I’d rather have them come in from off-screen, but sure.

I liked @OneWingLunarian’s recent proposed changes for this one.

Again, I feel like this boss is only weak because the current viable weapons are good for it - once some of the others get buffed I’m not convinced it will still be weak.

Or we could make it spawn more deadly chick types…? Beserks and Assassins would be nice to see.

I also feel like it’s fine (other than the ramming issue you mentioned)

I keep coming back to this, but I honestly feel like stronger chicken types would fix this entirely.

I think they’re fine atm.

Agree that they should be much much cheaper. Same for thrust vector and invulnerability extension.

Laser price cut is good, strobe should stay cosmetic in my opinion.
But the sooner they become re-colourable the better.

This doesn’t really bother me. Main themes/boss themes are more memorable, and therefore should be more expensive.

Why is Speedy Recovery even a thing, it seems so unnecessary…

Full support.

Well, some of them are definitely worse than others, but I think you’re right that a lot of people are overestimating how hard they should be. I’m not a huge fan of the recent Mysterious Ship changes, myself, for that very reason. Some bosses (like Hend Game/Egg Cannon) should definitely be stronger, but plenty are fine as-is, so I agree.

I think people overlook these facts a lot, and its a good point to raise. Many people here are, like the best CI players at all, and the idea that SSH (which is only the third highest difficulty) needs to be a super crazy challenge for those people does kind of overlook the audience of the game.

The highest difficulty should be absolutely crazy, I agree. But SSH should just be, like, decently hard, which I feel (other than a few exceptions) it already is.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this can do more harder, what if attack with láser eggs (Sorry i dont remenber the name)

1 Like

You mean that purple-ish ion?

1 Like

So is

1 Like

Again, I’d be perfectly fine with that. None of these have to be changed to current max difficulty+ssh. These changes could very well be max difficulty+hardest upcoming skill(which is not going to be just a 10% increase, by the way), which will probably push the difficulty over 200%, and I believe these kind of changes are very appropriate for that.
I’ll edit the post now to include this so people will keep that in mind when replying

2 Likes

If Sweater Chicken’s clothes can kill you, does it mean Absolver Beam and special weapons can destroy it?

3 Likes

Not sure, but since that thing can destroy everything…I guess?

2 Likes

I’m sure it can.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.