Boss Ideas : Eggsteroid, Cock-Mander, Mine Layer, Ninja Hatori, and more

Edit : added Chyck-borg

These boss ideas just came to mind and I write it down here, some has been done, some is in progress, and some just a name yet. And no pictures, sorry… Maybe you can add.

1. Eggsteroid – Watch your head!

Another boss for asteroid level. Yes, it’s an egg-shaped giant asteroid. Sounds lame huh? Well, sometimes, something simple is better than complicated one.

It will come from upper-center of screen just like Mysterious Ship. It starts charging speed and rush toward player at high speed. It will bounce off the screen and gradually slowing down after some bounces. It eventually stopped and will start to charge again and again.

Each 10% hp is depleted, it will crack and drop 3 big asteroids, and when the big asteroid is destroyed, it will break into 2 small asteroids that bouncing off the screen too. If it’s going to be too crowded, then a slight zoom out is necessary.

This idea came from asteroid in CI2, but it charges toward you!

1. Cock-Mander

That name is derived from word “Cock” and “Commander” lol.

It’s a big chicken and it commands its own squadron. Each time it crows, 4-7 terminator chickens will come in and chase you, at lowest difficulty, those will be chicks, and at the hardest, those are just metal suit chickens, never stronger than them, or it will be somewhat impossible to beat. Itself holds a revolver with 6 egg bullets. Again, if it’s too crowded, then a slight zoom out is necessary.

1. Mine Layer

First, I need to explain how the mine works. Its form just like navy mine but floats in the space. It has three types: the passive one, that won’t explode unless you hit or shoot it; the semi-active, that being triggered by move closer to it; and the active one, it’s just like a timed bomb. When explode, it breaks into 3-5 mine shards, so you must be careful.

Originally I wanted this boss appears in Minefield Gamemode, I wonder if IA would add this.

The mine layer is a spaceship and you’re chasing it. It tries to stop you by dropping those mines. It has two attacks: first, it lays passive mines; second, it throws active mines at your current position. It might be similar to rob pursuit, and you’re the police.

1. Eggcubator

It’s an egg-incubator, I personally have no idea how it looks like nor how it works.

1. Yolk Split

The concept comes from Yolk Star™ phase 2 and chicken multiplicity, from just 1 into 2, 4, 8, and 16. The smaller it is, the more aggressive it is.

1. Chyck-borg — Tries to eliminate you.

When other chickens tried to cover themselves with metal, this guy is made of metal.

Its behavior is similar to Sweater Chicken, very aggressive. He has three attacks, two among them are new introduction to the game. First, it shoots 5-8 green neutron bigger than chickenaut’s. Second, the infamous homing missiles. I understand that homing missile could ruin normal waves, especially something like Pulsating Grid, that’s why I put it here, I mean, you have a lot space to move. It launch 5 missiles with 5 second lifetime before explode. And the last, introducing Expansive Orb. It only shoots one. This orb travels at low speed like U.C.O.'s green laser, and it grows over time! This weapon might also be included in other boss fights.

When defeated, it will say “I’ll be back.” and retreat.

1. Ninja Hatori 「忍者羽鳥」

Well, I’m not Japanese, but I learn Japanese. You already know what Ninja is, but, the kanji that reads “Hatori” here means bird’s feather. (羽 = feather, 鳥 = bird)

This one is a chicken that throws feather-shaped kunai-s, ranging from 3 to 6 shots. Those kunai-s act same way like other feathers, can be shot, can be knocked, but way heavier. After shooting, it will vanish then reappear at random place and start shooting again. Don’t worry, there’s a warning before it pops out from nowhere.

1. Fifth U.C.O.

Why not adding another? This version has 3 arms that shoot electric ball at you simultaneously. Electric balls will link to each other that were shot at same time, creating triangle shape. To make it more interesting, each electric ball travels at different speed, so that triangle shape will shift. It shoots 1-3 time(s) per pattern, depends on difficulty.

1. Maghenifying Glass

A giant magnifying glass. The chicken was trying to freeze earth by blocking sunlight. Now it’s time to scorch it with sunlight. Again, this concept hasn’t even done, but it will amplify sunlight to shoot you, and that means it will be encountered at stars.

Well, that’s all! I know it’s still undetailed, that’s why I need your suggestion, advice, comment, critic or whatever you can do to improve these ideas! Or maybe just scrap it if it’s not good. Thanks for reading.

14 Likes

Love your ideas, but idk why the seventh boss sounds kinda familiar to deleted CI4 Ninja-chick boss. Atleast you explained how this boss will attack.
Like I said, I absolutely love your ideas. Well done!
Hope we’ll encounter them in the game :wink:
Sooner or later.

1 Like

40 Likes

Is this that cut boss from CI4?

6 Likes

I was just about to type that lol

Yes. It might eventually make a comeback in CIU.

26 Likes

Could you tell us about it’s attacks? On what wave this boss would be encountered (which chapter)?

As far as I can remember there was a single attack planned, which was very close to the “feather-shaped kunai” above. But this boss was cut during the graphical concept stage, so it hasn’t been fully designed.

11 Likes

Isn’t there a cartoon called Ninja Hattori?

1 Like

Yes, there is.

Ninja Chick created your own clan.
Main Rules: Be stealthy, Be Quick, Be Deadly

7 Likes

Finally sothing happening :blush:

2 Likes

Yes, I heard that IA made ninja chick for ci4 but never implemented, so I write it here with my idea. And somehow “Ninja Hatori” has a good pun as a parody.

I remember a character called Ninja Hattori created by the same writer who write Doraemon lol

An incubator as I know is a machine to hatch eggs, so this one could act like a chick spawner I guess

I sincerely hope that this boss is added to CIU. It should throw ninja stars like the millitary chicken and dash towards the player.

1 Like

Kong Foo Chicken xD

Kung fu is from China

I know.

Love the idea and hopefully the ‘Ninja Hatori’ boss could make a comeback