đŸ“± Android (experimental preview)

As a suggestion for the next app build, could the default keyboard on the device be used over the integrated keyboard?

You need to also make your linked profile active.

Eventually this will be done. But not in the immediate future. Sadly Android has changed how keyboard input is handled, so I’ll have to re-implement that part again :frowning:

5 Likes

Is the reticle supposed to be offset? I have it set up where my finger is supposed to be where the ship is (Touch movement), but it takes the reticle as priority.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7, running Android 12L (One UI 4.1.1).

Yes, otherwise your finger would cover up your spacecraft.

3 Likes

Welll this feels authentic and nostalgic

There are some sudden fps drop but just minor (a very little) [Samsung galaxy A12]

Another suggestion I have is to allow the taskbar to disappear once the game loads to allow some more screen “real estate”.

I don’t know if this is even possible. Have you noticed it disappearing with any other games?

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, that feels counterproductive, because I would know where my ship would be, if it’s using the Touch movement option. If it’s offset like that, I feel like it’ll make overall movement (at least with Touch) harder.

Also, will there be a option for a joystick style of movement later down the line?

Asphalt 9 has the taskbar disappear for a full screen experience.

If you were to get the taskbar, all you have to do is dash up where the taskbar is.

1 Like

Depends on what you mean by “joystick style”. Episodes supported gamepads, so in all likelihood CIU will too.

I’ll look into how this can be done

2 Likes

I barely find any bug on the android version. Are you sure it could really filled with bugs IA?

Update: I encounter a fps drop when I zoom in/out the galaxy. Is that intended?

Well, It still open in background and then

Joystick meaning that you’d have a circle where you drag your thumb or finger around for a full 360° circular movement. If the episodes supported it (never played the mobile ports of the episodes), then I’ll look forward to it soon.

Ah, right. Possibly. I can’t see how that would be superior to touch, though.

The episodes support actual hardware gamepads connected to your smartphone, not what you described.

Read my original post.

Yes, that happens. The more you zoom out, the slower it will get. Also, a lot of resources are loaded while you zoom, so you may also notice momentary stuttering.

3 Likes

Take a look at the screenshot. You can see the taskbar at the bottom appear after I dashed my finger up from that area (the notification bar at the top is designed to appear as well if you dash from the top. Both appear in tandem). It’d disappear after a second or two.

I think of the term “controller” under that definition, but that’s pretty cool that the ports supported them.

1 Like

I feel it’ll make movement more analogous to using a mouse, allowing for some fine tuned movement. It’d also feel more traditional, instead of using your finger all the time.

Screenshot_2022-10-29-11-57-18-48_4ebc68b5a401984f2f4ab2dd1dc34e61

This is an even bigger problem now due to contrast changes.

1 Like

Hmm, so no Android x86 support?

1 Like

A question I have is how the APK will be updated. Will you make a new post and refresh the URL to download it?